The turreted house in the background is ‘Logan Brae’ built about 1880-90 for William Smith and possibly designed by James Barnet. It was later owned by Jame Kirkpatrick a well known architect. Landscaping including the introducAon of a number of structural elements of Cooper Park was carried out by Woollahra Council during the 1930’s. The terracing and laying out of the steps at Bellevue Road end of the park was carried out in 1936 using men eligible for work under the ‘Emergency Relief Work Scheme’.